Thursday, September 29, 2011

Giving It Over

I love how God so beautifully resolves conflict. We worry and stress, get angry and cry, but in the end, He's got it all covered so there's no need for any of that. He's so good to us. 

That's what this week is all about for me: Learning to give it all away. Last week, I was monster-kayla and everything was a huge deal. But this week, I have consciously decided to give it all back to Him and look forward with the joy & hope He so graciously gave me. This week I choose joy. (It's amazing how much a little picture can inspire you toward what you know is right...)


And I know that He knew exactly what I needed to read yesterday:



Therefore gird up the loins of your mind, be sober, and rest your hope fully upon the grace that is to be brought to you at the revelation of Jesus Christ; as obedient children, not conforming yourselves to the former lusts, as in your ignorance, but as He who called you is holy, you also be holy in all your conduct, because it is written, "Be holy, for I am holy."

"All flesh is as grass, and all the glory of man as the flower of the grass. The grass withers and its flower falls away, but the word of the LORD endures forever."

1 Peter 1:13-16, 24-25


No comments:

Post a Comment