Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Sleep?

So last night I didn't sleep much. Maybe 4 hours... which for me is like not sleeping at all! I usually snooze for at least 8 hours (yep, I'm lazy. Trying to work on that...), but last night I couldn't turn my brain off. I've been working on being diligent with a lot of things (like housework, Bible reading, etc.) and last night I kept making lists in my head. I would remember something and then get up to write it down. Then I would lie there for a while, trying to will myself to sleep, but I ended up just staring at the back of my eyelids. (They had kind of a black and white swirly pattern on them. Strange, I know.) The hubby had fallen asleep around 11pm while we were watching our show, so after I finished the episode, I flicked it off and curled up to sleep with no success. I turned on a little light. Maybe a little reading and writing will bring the sleepiness... Nope. After that I tried to watch a little bit of Downton Abbey on netflix (which, might I add, is an amazing show and I can't WAIT for the next season to come out! Watch it if you like early 1900s era movies. You'll love it!). Sometimes tv puts you to sleep, right? (exhibit A: husband) 

Alas, I had no luck until around 2am. Once I had finally fallen asleep, it felt like just one second later I was being woken up by a lovely 6am call from my best friend in Arkansas. I groggily let it go to voicemail, but hubby woke up too and reminded me that I should check it in case it was an emergency. It was 8am her time and she just left me a sweet little message that she missed me and wanted to say hi. It's nice to feel so loved even when you're barely awake. 

After that I tried to fall back to sleep, but the hubby stayed awake too.

Hubby: Are you awake?
Me: Yep.
Hubby: Is it because I'm talking to you?
Me: Nope. I just can't go back to sleep. 

After that we didn't try to go back to sleep. Up and at 'em and here we go! Another day has begun! Despite the short sleep hours, I had plenty of energy for the morning and accomplished so much! Laundry, dishes, studying... Diligence: check! (Just kidding; it's a looooong process.) 

But by the time I had to get ready for work, I was ready to go back to sleep. The 30 minute drive to work didn't help. But I kept myself busy at work to stay awake. And the sweet hubby even brought me a chai tea to help me stay awake through the quiet evening. 


And now I am thoroughly exhausted. I bet I'll sleep like a baby tonight. 

No comments:

Post a Comment